Located rurally about 5 kilometres from Balclutha, Stirling is just north of the Matau branch of Clutha River. Our school is a co-educational full primary, with a roll of about 50 students, from new entrant to year 8.
We have a wonderful team of staff who effectively manage teaching and learning, providing excellent programmes of work. We work closely with other schools and early childhood education providers to provide the best education for students now, and in the future. At Stirling School we have high levels of parent involvement and support for school activities.
We have three classrooms, a large multi-purpose space/library, kitchen, māra kai (edible garden), large playing fields, courts and native tree gully. The school opened in 1879 and celebrated a joint centenary with Inch Clutha school in 1958.
Our vision is “Self Belief and Courage Builds Success” and students are encouraged and supported to respect themselves, their community and their environment.